The Laboratory Safety Institute (LSI) was
founded in 1978 by Dr. James A. Kaufman
to provide safety training for secondary
school science teachers. Today, LSI has
grown to become "An International Center
for Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs."
We have trained over 100,000 professionals
from secondary schools, universities,
colleges, government, industry and more.
LSI is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and Massachusetts Public Charity.
The People: Staff, Board of Directors, Instructors, Marketing & Sales Representatives
The Place: Map and Directions to LSI
Teaching Learning and Practicing Science Safely means that before you do an experiment, demonstration or activity...
- YOU KNOW the hazards.
- YOU KNOW the worst things that could happen.
- YOU KNOW what to do and how to do it if they should happen.
- YOU KNOW and use the prudent practices, protective facilities, and protective equipment needed to minimize the risks.
There is more to lab safety than just labs. Our lives are filled with hazards. When we Teach, Learn, and Practice Science Safely students and employees...
- Learn to care about their health and safety.
- Learn to Identify life's hazards and how to protect themselves.
- Create a safer and healthier learning and working environment.
- Live safer, healthier, longer lives.
Unfortunately, the accident rate in schools and colleges is 100 to 1000 times greater than at Dow or Dupont.
LSI announces new Safety Videos section on Resources Website
We are happy to announce that you can now view free lab safety videos on our resources website. As the weeks progress we will be adding more videos so check back regularly or subscribe to our YouTube channel!View the videos now!
It's Time to Teach, Learn, and Practice Science Safely!